Last Modified: 10/10/2014
- What Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information at The Will To Change
- No Disclosure to Third Parties for Their Own Marketing Purposes
- When We Share Your Personal Information With Third Parties
- Accessing, Reviewing, and Deleting Your Information
- Security of Personal Information
- Outside the United States and Canada – Consent to Processing and Transfer of Information
- Change Policy
- Contact Information
1. What Information We Collect
Information you provide. You are not required to create a The Will To Change account to gain access to many areas of thewilltochange.com. If you do create an account, we ask for certain information to process your registration, including an email address and password. If you decide to buy any of our products or services, we request additional information, including your full name and payment method details.
To help personalize your experience, we also ask for certain, limited information, including your full name, gender, date of birth and address. If you choose to pursue your goals using our products or services, we request that you to input additional information related to your goal and your progress. We also allow you to provide the name of your primary care practitioner, and any medical conditions you may have. Providing most of this information is optional. We also allow you to upload a photo of yourself and select your preferences for receiving notifications and email communications from us.
If you sign into thewilltochange.com using your Facebook or other third party credentials, we will use that service to authenticate you. We may also collect other information that you have agreed may be provided by that third party, such as your username, name, e-mail address, date of birth and gender. We collect this information so that it can be used for the purposes explained in this Policy.
We may supplement the information you provide to us with additional information gathered from other sources, such as publicly available information.
Data we collect. In addition to the information you provide to us, when you use The Will To Change, we may also automatically collect and store information about the computer, mobile device, or other devices you use to access The Will To Change and about how you use The Will To Change. We may also collect and store information such as your browser type, IP address, operating system, unique device identifier, the date and time of your visit, the pages you view and the websites you visited immediately before and after visiting thewilltochange.com.
The third-party advertising and analytics companies with whom we or our advertisers and partners, may place a unique cookie or utilize similar technologies on your browser in order to collect non-personal information about your visits to thewilltochange.com.
2. How We Use Your Information at The Will To Change
We use the information we collect to operate and provide you with the best user experience, products, and services at The Will To Change. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Authenticating your login and processing your payments;
- Personalizing your The Will To Change experience;
- Allowing you to monitor your performance and progress on The Will To Change, for example, by presenting charts and graphs of your performance to you;
- Customizing and delivering information about our products and services by email;
- Providing customer service and sending confirmations about your account;
- Protecting our intellectual property or other rights; and
- Managing and improving our business, our product, and our services.
You can opt out of receiving most emails by navigating to your Profile, but we reserve the right to email you to confirm transactions or to address account issues, such as when you make a purchase, or you request a reset password.
We also reserve the right to use non-personal for any purpose. For example, we show aggregate willpower measures to users to allow them to evaluate their own willpower against other The Will To Change users.
3. No Disclosure to Third Parties for Their Own Marketing Purposes
We believe in protecting your privacy, and therefore do not provide your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
4. When We Share Your Personal Information with Third Parties
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- Service providers and agents. We may share your information with certain third parties selected by us to help support our operations. These include, for example, services that help us process payments, analyze web traffic, send emails, and track customer service requests. In addition, we may share limited personal information to third parties that help us market or advertise The Will To Change.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our corporate affiliates, such as entities under common ownership or control.
- Compliance with law and law enforcement requests, and protection of our rights. We may disclose your information when we have a good faith belief we are required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal mechanism. We may also disclose your information when we have a good faith belief that disclosure may prevent fraud and abuse of The Will To Change or its users or protect our property rights.
- Consent. We may disclose your information when we believe we have your consent to do so, such as when you contact customer service and ask us about your account, or when we have the consent of someone we believe is authorized to consent on behalf of you, such as the individual associated with the payment method for your account. If you have expressly agreed to participate in a research study with us or with a third party that incorporates your personal information collected by The Will To Change, we also may disclose your information for the purpose of facilitating the research to which you have consented.
5. Accessing, Reviewing, and Deleting Your Information
You can access, review and correct the registration and information we have collected about you by logging into your account and navigating to the Profile page. You may also access or delete the information all of the information we have collected about you by contacting us at the contact information listed below.
6. Security of Personal Information
We maintain reasonable security practices to protect against the unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure of your personal information. For example, we use one or more of SSL encryption, firewalls, and anti-virus software. However, no method of transmission or storage is completely secure, and we therefore cannot guarantee absolute security.
7. Outside the United States and Canada – Consent to Processing and Transfer of Information
If you access thewilltochange.com outside the United States or Canada, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer of your personal information to, and the collection and processing of such personal information in the United States or Canada.
8. Change Policy
9. Contact Information